On January 25, 2022, SIGNATE Co., Ltd., which provides AI development and operation, training and recruitment support services for AI human resources, became a member of SIGNATE, the largest data science platform in Japan with approximately 60,000 data analysis personnel registered. We conducted a “Data Scientist Side Job Awareness Survey” and announced the results.
According to the “Survey on the Supply and Demand of IT Human Resources” released by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in April 2019, the gap between supply and demand for cutting-edge IT human resources will reach a maximum of 550,000 people in 2030.Advanced human resources : Human resources engaged in the IT service market that utilizes
In addition, due to changes in work styles due to the impact of the new coronavirus infection, an increasing number of companies are promoting initiatives related to side jobs, such as lifting the ban on side jobs for employees and recruiting side jobs.
For this reason, SIGNATE conducted a “data scientist side job awareness survey” for members of the data science platform “SIGNATE” in order to clarify the prevalence of side jobs for advanced IT human resources and issues. .
Based on the results of the “Data Scientist Side Job Awareness Survey”, SIGNATE has resolved the issues associated with outsourcing highly specialized work for companies and individuals in order to promote the side job of data scientists, and more accurate matching. We are planning to start PoC of “SIGNATE Air Company”, a service that realizesPoC: A proof of concept (a new concept or technology can be demonstrated).
These are the results of the “Survey on Side Job Awareness of Data Scientists”.
・Survey period: August 25 (Wednesday) to 31 (Tuesday), 2021
・Survey method: Internet survey
・Survey target: “SIGNATE” registered members (valid responses: 700)
・Others: Graph Figures inside are rounded off to the second decimal place.
* “Side jobs” are defined as “data science-related work (e.g. data scientists, data analysts, AI engineers, AI consultants, etc.) and paid work”
Table of Contents
- Summary of survey results
- Survey result details
Summary of survey results
|1||77.0% of those who have jobs related to data analysis, such as data scientists, or those who are aiming to do so, answered that they had no side job experience. There is a problem in the spread of side jobs.|
|2||91.6% of those who answered “no side job experience” answered that they have a side job intention. The potential to fill the gap between supply and demand for human resources is high.|
|3||53.7% of those who answered “I have an intention to have a side job” answered “I don’t know how to find a side job.” It seems that there are few users of side job search sites and side job matching sites.|
|Four||The business content of those who answered that they have “experience in a side job” was 1st “Data analysis/reporting area (26.3%)” and 2nd “Consulting area (22.2%)”. It seems that there are many cases where the deliverables are responsible for work that tends to depend on the individual.|
|Five||When asked about the points of dissatisfaction and anxiety about side jobs among those who answered that they had “experienced side jobs,” the number one reason was “unclear contract details and scope of responsibility (20.0%).” It is important not only to match jobs and skills, but also to match with a common image of deliverables.|
Survey result details
1. 77.0% of those who have a job related to data analysis such as a data scientist, or who are aiming to do so, answered that they have no experience in a side job. The fact that it cannot be said that side jobs are still widespread has become clear.
2. 91.6% of those who answered that they have no experience with a side job said they have an intention to have a side job. There are many people who want to start a side job but are unable to start it, suggesting that the promotion of side job matching between companies and individuals has a high potential to fill the gap between the supply and demand of human resources.
3. 53.7% of those who answered “I have an intention to have a side job” answered “I don’t know how to find a side job.” Only 29.3% of the users of the side job search site and side job matching site are users, and there is a problem that they are not being used sufficiently.
4. Among those who responded that they had “side job experience,” the most common type of work was “data analysis/reporting (26.3%),” followed by “consulting (22.2%).” “Applied work (implementation) area” remains at 11.1%, and it can be inferred that there are many cases where the deliverables are responsible for work that tends to depend on individual skills.
5. The most common point of dissatisfaction and anxiety about side jobs among those who answered that they have “experienced side jobs” was that “contract details and scope of responsibility are unclear (20.0%).” Dissatisfaction/anxiety among those who answered that they have an intention to have a side job was also ranked high (18.6%), highlighting the importance of matching that involves not only job types and skills, but also a common image of deliverables.